Six Luxury Boscolo Hotels Coming to Italy, Czech Republic and Hungary
Autograph Collection, Marriott International's fastest growing brand, recently announced that six luxury Boscolo Hotels in Europe will join the collection.
Last year, Marriott International launched Autograph Collection, a group of exceptional independent luxury hotels, each hand-selected for their originality, character and uncommon details. The first four Autograph Collection Hotels in Europe were added in Spain in May of this year, and with the addition of these six Boscolo properties, located in some of Europe's most beautiful cities, Autograph Collection has now grown to 26 properties globally.
The first four Boscolo Hotels will join Autograph Collection in September 2011, with the remaining two hotels expected to join by January 2012. The first four hotels are:
- Boscolo Palace Roma, Rome, Italy
- Boscolo Venezia, Venice, Italy
- Boscolo Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
- Boscolo Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
In 2012, the following hotels will join the collection:
- Boscolo Exedra Roma, Rome, Italy
- Boscolo Milano, Milan, Italy
"These Boscolo Hotels are an incredible addition to the Autograph Collection" said Amy McPherson, president and managing director for Marriott International in Europe. "Located in some of the most spectacular cities in the world, each hotel is truly one-of-a-kind. Autograph Collection is an exceptional opportunity for both Marriott and our hotel partners, as we are now able to offer truly original and independent hotel experiences to our guests and as part of Autograph Collection, our partner hotels are able to tap in to the power of Marriott's sales and reservations engines. We strongly believe that Autograph Collection will continue to be a huge growth platform for us and a key component of our European expansion strategy as we seek to reach 80,000 rooms in Europe by 2015."
Giorgio Boscolo, vice president Boscolo Group added, "We are proud to join the Marriott family and the Autograph Collection, and have great confidence in Marriott's ability to help us gain additional global exposure and reach new emerging markets. We look forward to offering our guests a new experience, embracing the heart of each city with a warm Italian touch."The six new Autograph Collection hotels include:
- The vibrant 87-room Boscolo Palace Roma is a rare jewel located on Rome's famed Via Veneto. Designed in the 1920's by Marcello Piacentini, the elegant boutique hotel just completed a top-to-bottom restoration, bringing its historical beauty back to life with modern touches.
- In Venice, the 72-room Boscolo Venezia is housed in the historic Palazzo Rizzo Patarol, formerly home to the French embassy. The hotel boasts the largest private park in Venice, which once was host to Vivaldi's violin concerts.
- The Boscolo Prague, a spectacular 152-room hotel in Prague is a masterpiece of art and architecture. Located in Prague's historical centre, the hotel is housed in the former headquarters of the Czech postal service.
- Located in the heart of Budapest, the opulent 185-room Boscolo Budapest was built in 1894 and is celebrated for its beautiful and grand New York Café, a historical point of gathering of European novelists and artists, unique in its stucco and gold decor.
- The 238-room Boscolo Exedra Rome is located on a magnificent piazza within the ancient Roman ruins of the Diocletian Baths and the Basilica degli Angeli designed by Michelangelo. Boasting a rooftop terrace and pool overlooking the eternal city, the hotel is the ultimate in luxury.
- Inspired by a fusion of Italian style, art and design, the 154-room Boscolo Milan, the most modern of the collection, is located in the heart of Milan's bustling fashion district and offers sweeping views of the Duomo.
The Autograph Collecti is expected to grow to include up to 40 independent hotel properties throughout the United States, Europe, Caribbean and Latin America by the end of the year.